Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Separating SS media from 22lr brass

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

atom73 is offline Boolit Master Join DateOct 2009LocationSouth DakotaPosts192

I just got a tumbler and some SS media. What is the methods are you guys using to separate the brass from the SS pins after tumbling?
Thanks.

What size and kind of tumbler did you get? I bought the 15LB unit from STM I have not tried it but I have seen the finish product from other people, I will be using the method they use on their demonstration video.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/tutorials/

DukeInMaine put me onto the Dillon media seperator....the smaller of the two..the CM-500 model. I have one on order. Duke said that this is the only one on the market that he knows of that will not let the 22lr brass fall through the slits.
An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

sprinkintime is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateNov 2010LocationNevadaPosts62
DukeInMaine put me onto the Dillon media seperator....the smaller of the two..the CM-500 model. I have one on order. Duke said that this is the only one on the market that he knows of that will not let the 22lr brass fall through the slits.I'm not sure its the only one on the market, but the Dillion seperator works and I have had mind for almost 20yrs. Its also good for your swaged boolits.
I've been using the Dillon media separator for a couple of years now. It is by far the best option I have found.
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789]) Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
Benjamin Franklin
I also use the small Dillon Media Separator to remove SS pins from the brass. I fill the tub up with water and rotate the basket. The pins wash out of the brass and into the tub. Works great for me.

Lafaun

Don't blame me, I voted for the American, again!
I tried all of the other companys cheap models and could not find one with slots thin enough to hold onto the brass while Allowing the pins to fall through. The smaller Dillon works perfectly.


NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment