Monday, August 26, 2013

RG Industries Model 26 .25 ACP?

So the only thing I really hear about RG guns is that they are bottom of the barrel, some of the worst guns ever made.

I heard one story (and I don't know if it's true), but as small cheaply made handguns are commonly called "Saturday Night Specials", I heard RG manufactured a .357 magnum revolver called the "saturday night special". Apparently, due to recoil, the crappy grips would actually scratch up your hands.

I really don't know anything about this company, or this gun. I see some of their guns on gunbroker, like one of those .22 short revolvers, and looking it up on youtube, they would actually throw gunpowder residue, or something, on your hands and burn you.

After a quick Wikipedia search, apparently, they are part of Umarex now. I also know (or, I think) it was the RG Model 14S that was used by John Hinckley Jr. in the attempted assassination of President Reagan.

Pertaining to the gun, I hear they have design flaws all over the place. I also heard the 26 can fire unintentionally.

I guess RG closed after losing it's insurance over several lawsuits pertaining to public safety.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=13113

Besides that, though, I really have no information about this gun. That link kind of explains the company, though.

What do you think I should do with the thing? I don't think I can get too much money for it. Condition-wise, it's about this picture or better...

The good news is, I haven't heard of them blowing up. Actually, this is my Grandpa's. He used to carry it in his pocket, loaded. obviously, unintentional discharge wasn't an issue. He lost the magazine, though.

I was thinking of taking it off his hands

But really, I was wondering if anyone had experience with one of these? Seems like some were reliable enough and some couldn't fire a magazine without at least one issue.

Shall I just find a magazine and see how it works? I was thinking I'd go to a police gun buy-back and actually make money on the thing... What do you guys think?

Last edited by GunXpatriot; Yesterday at 07:50 PM.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment