Saturday, August 17, 2013

Which S&W is closest to my Astra 680

Speed strips are slower than speed loaders, but are both more versatile (a .38/.357 speed strip will feed or partially feed any swing-out or top-break .38/.357 revolver) and easier to conceal (a pair of 6-rd .38/.357 speed strips will fit in an empty altoids box).

Not a bad suggestion, Mike.

But 22 Euro is, I believe, about $30, so the speed-loaders are not that big a gamble.

Edit: "partially feed" referred to the 686+ (7rds) and the 8 shot N frames, since I have only seen speed strips in 6-rd configuration.

I don't think they would work well with a loading gate, but my Vaquero is a .45 colt and I don't have any .45 strips with which to test the theory.

Second edit: Can't easily watch the video due to limited bandwidth in current location, so I don't know if it shows this, but a faster way to use strips is to align and feed rounds in pairs, two at a time.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment