Sunday, August 18, 2013

Upgrading the Sig X5 .40 Competition trigger

Sig X-Five L-1 model comes in .40S&W or 9mm ( I have one in .40S&W ) ...and it has the adjustable trigger....but like others have said, I've set the trigger where I like it, in this gun, to about 2.5 lbs..../ its not a carry gun...its a "range gun"....or a competition gun to some guys...

I don't know if you'll find anyone to modify the trigger in the gun you have or not....
---------------
Custom guns - or guns from semi-custom shops like Wilson Combat or Freedom Arms....will pretty much set a trigger at whatever spec you want /although most of them will not go below 3 lbs.

I ordered a large frame Freedom Arms and specd the trigger at 3.25 and they did a great job.

I specd the trigger on a Wilson Combat 1911...at 3.5 lbs...that I had made in 9mm....and they did a nice job as well.

I've never had trigger work done on a Sig ...like a 226 or a 220 SAO..../ but I'd probably look at sending it to TJ's in California.

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/TJ_LI$T.HTM

I think his normal action job on a Sig ...takes it to between 3.0 and 3.5 but I know you can specify what you want. I have buddies that have used him, he isn't cheap, but he did good work.
-------------
I don't think they make an X-6 in .40S&W....
http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-mastershop-series.aspx

( but they make some in some really ugly colors ....) ...geez...

Last edited by BigJimP; Today at 07:59 PM.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment