Monday, August 19, 2013

Problem with bullet seating using once-fired rifle brass

Hi folks,

I'm just getting started with reloading and have encountered a problem. I have a bunch of once-fired .243 Win brass that I've saved up. I was intending to neck size only. However, the neck opening on these cases is too narrow - bullets don't fit. I'd expect that, having been fired, the bullet should be loose in the neck until it's resized. But it doesn't fit at all. I suspect it may be due to an overly aggressive factory crimp. It's visible as a very slight inward curvature at the opening of the neck.

I suppose I could just seat the bullets without any resizing, but I'm not sure how wise that would be. Otherwise, is there some sort of flaring die I can get to open up the necks and then re-size?

Thanks in advance.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment