Tuesday, December 17, 2013

105 Gr. Lee six cavity mold.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

45-70 Chevroner is offline Boolit Master Join DateSep 2009LocationArizonaPosts803

I am thinking about getting one of these. I think I have read some info on here about this boolit. I haven't been able to find it though. What do y'all think about this boolit in the 38 special. I am thinking it would be a great plinking slug out to 25 yards or so. I see there are a lot of loads for it but what are some of your favorites. I am inclined to use Bullseye, Unique, or 231.
beppe is offline Boolit Man Join DateMar 2013LocationItalyPosts119
I have tried this boolit in the 9x21 imi glock 17 loaded with 4.5 grs of imr 700x, 25 meters is very precise. I love it and I also bought the mold with 6 cavities.

io ho provato questo boolit sul 9x21 imi in glock 17 , caricato con 4.5 grs di imr 700x ,a 25 metri ? molto preciso .mi piace molto e ho comprato anche lo stampo con 6 cavit? .

beppe is offline Boolit Man Join DateMar 2013LocationItalyPosts119
this is my test, for 357 May do not really like.

questa ? la mia prova , per 357 mag non mi piace molto .Name: image.jpg<br />Views: 70<br />Size: 54.0 KB

I use this boolit in 380, 9x19 Luger, 38 spcl, 357 mag and 358 wcf - has always wanted to shoot well for me. I'd say buy one.

http://leeprecision.net/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/377/3/online-lee-distributors

Several have it in stock but watch the shipping costs

I shot that boolit extensively when in a PPC league indoors over ~3gr Bullseye. That is my favorite boolit for my 6" S&W Model 14. Over 5gr Bullseye it would shoot sub 2" at 50 yards from a rest......back when I could see the sights.
workin @ Ft. bragg
45-70 Chevroner is offline Boolit Master Join DateSep 2009LocationArizonaPosts803
Listed as being available in 6 cavity also.
I will be ordering one in 6 cavity.

Thanks guys for making up my mind.

Here is a good link.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?105996-Lee-105-SWC-load-data

I use this boolit in several 9mm pistols and 1 carbine. Works real well. Get the 6 banger.

yea, i was thinkin bout that 102 RN.
workin @ Ft. bragg
Idz is offline Boolit Man Join DateMay 2013LocationNew MexicoPosts89
Only problem I've had with the six cavity 358-105-swc is that as it gets hot the sprue cutter seems to warp a bit and it casts a bit of flash on the base. It works great with the Lee pro 4-20 pot because you can set the guide bar so you don't have to hold the full mold weight while you're casting.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment