Monday, December 30, 2013

Putting Unique back in the bottle

I am working with a one pound "bottle" of Unique. In order to return unused portions of this coarse powder back in the container without spilling any, I had been using a Lee powder measure funnel that I had around from my starter reloading kit several years back.

I couldn't get the powder to flow through the funnel without a lot of coaxing and patience. Today I looked closer at the funnel and found I could very easily open up the throat, given a shop full of tools, in particular a good sized round file with a tapered end. I finished with a cone-shaped grinding stone. The powder goes right through now. All I was trying to do is make the mouth of the container wider, hopefully with something lying around and not good for much else.

The funnel is only a couple bucks from any Lee dealer. I did some searching on funnels, and it would take almost twenty bucks for a large caliber model to equal what this modified cheap red funnel can do. Check it out.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment