Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Is there a SKS high capacity magazine that can be change quickly for fast reloading?


Reply

Old Today, 04:49 PM Is there a SKS high capacity magazine that can be change quickly for fast reloading? I started a thread a few days ago inquiring about my SKS 30 round fixed magazine. I bought it back in the 1990's when there were no detachable alternatives. This all started because I was trying to track down the tiny loading tool it came with and I have now lost, but I have gotten a renewed interest in my rifle after all the research. I found out I had an old Zytel fixed mag and it is now nearly obsolete, but after researching, I see the detachable alternatives, but after watching videos, I have not really seen anything that allows for quick reloading like dropping a mag from an AK-47 and popping in another one all in one movement. It seems the SKS detachable mags all have situations that slow you down, like the bolt has to be open and you have to tug and work a bit to get the empty one out. I have not seen a video yet of anyone cutting loose with a 20 or 30 round mag and snapping in a new loaded mag within a couple of seconds of the time it would take to reload an AK or AR. It seems most people still load from the top even with their new detachable mags. Back in the 90's when I bought a SKS, I figured I could store it loaded with 30 rounds and keep a few 10 loading strips close by so I could at least reload 10 at a time fairly quickly, that solution is starting to look like about the best the SKS has to offer. I am hoping I am wrong, anyone with a better solution or other ideas please post. I know those Tapco modifications look cool, but I have not seen much improvement in firepower. I know we are working with 1945 technology, but I have developed an interested in anything that might make this rifle better. Along with a renewed interest in shooting. Cleaning out my closet did me some good Reply With Quote Reply




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:01 PM.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment