Thursday, December 26, 2013

Why are you interested in C and R guns?

Please share with us why you are interested and what "theme" your collection falls under. For example: WWII era, WWI era or everything!

My C and R collection consists of:
1943 M1 Garand
1943 Smith Corona M1903A3
1942 M91/30 Mosin Nagant
1944 M44 Mosin Nagant
19.. M38 Mosin Nagant
1936 K98 Mauser S/42G code
19?4 (it only has a 4 on the receiver, guessing 1944) K98 Mauser BNZ code, particularly awesome because it has a pieces of shrapnel still in the stock!
Type 38 Arisaka
1943 No4 Mk1 Enfield
1914 P08 Luger DWM
Reproductions:
Chinese copy of a Winchester 1897 Trench Gun
Auto Ordnance GI 1911

still on my list: Italian Carcano, French MAS, Nambu, 1911 circa WWII,
Type 99 Arisaka, TT33 Tokarov. 1895 Nagant revolver, and a Styer M95.

As you can tell my "theme" im going for is WWII era weapons. Ive always had an interest in WWII. Anything about it, be it aircraft, weapons, warships
military tactics, history in general.

As I lay in my hotel room in Port au Prince watching Band of Brothers and The Pacific, my mind wonders off to my rifles. Wondering if one of my rifles could have been in one of those historic battles. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my war relics it gives me great pleasure to know that the piece of wood and steel in my hands may have once protected a human life(Axis or Ally),that hopefully made it back to their loved ones. Owning a piece from one of the most important times in human history is why I like C and R. It makes the past truly come alive right in front of me! If only my rifles could talk...

Last edited by Mausermolt; Yesterday at 10:53 PM. Reason: added the repro's

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment