Friday, September 27, 2013

CMP M1 Range Report... finally

CMP M1 Range Report... finally hello all,
I've had a springfield M1 garand service grade since February but I've been waiting on M2 ball to actually take it out. the ammo arrived a couple weeks back but so far all I've done is put a single clip through it as a function test.

well today for reasons still unknown to me I decided I'd load it up and go to the local CMP shoot. as we have a smaller group than most all US service rifles compete side by side which had me nervous since there were more 1903A3s than M1s. in retrospect I probably should have zeroed it long before I attempted to compete with it... 5 sighters just wasn't enough. I spent most of the first battery trying to get it on point. however by the end of the match I was holding my own with many of the more seasoned competitors. there was less than a dozen shooters but I still managed to take home the bronze...

3rd place aint bad for the first time actually shooting.

the groups were not great... not sure if that was a reflection on me or the rifle but either way... I'm satisfied with it's reliability and it's accurate enough for deer though I doubt I'd ever take it hunting.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment