Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Good days at the Range!

I've had many good days at the local range, but my latest one on June 13, was pretty nice.

My re-barreled Rem 700, 243 hadn't shot as well as hoped, but I decided to try some Nosler 80 grain Varmint bullets and they grouped 0.4" at 100 yards, even with some shifty winds.

The Tikka T3, .243 Lite didn't like that load as well, but shot 0.7".

The Tikka 595, .223 continued to impress me, shooting Accurate 2230, 25 grain load, 50 Grain Hornady SP SX; making a nice 0.3" group.

Then, it was off to the handgun range. Time was getting tight, but I managed to shoot three handguns, .22LR Bersa, steel model; a Stainless Ruger MKII with Bushnell mini red dot, and a Colt Gold Cup 70 series, .45. Shooting two-handed, I managed to keep most rounds within the scoring rings of a 50-foot NRA target, despite shooting high with a light target load in the .45. The factory hardball rounds were mostly in the 3" black.

The Ruger MK II shoots lights-out with that red dot. I think all the shots were in the black.

Not having shot the handguns for a while, it was great to do as well. All in all, a good range day.

Have you had a good range day lately???


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment