Thursday, September 19, 2013

Extreme Lightweight Snubby

I am in the market for a new J-frame-sized revolver in .38Spl +P. The primary goal is lightweight. This gun will be for throwing in a pocket to run to the store, or while mowing the lawn, etc. It won't be a primary carry or even a secondary carry. So lightweight is the top concern. I'd also like to avoid the really expensive Scandium stuff.

Currently the Ruger LCR (.38 version) is at the top of my list. 13.5oz. A 642 or 442 is 15oz, and is a close second choice. I'm not interested in other brands since I will not shoot this gun often enough to identify an issue that might be present with the lesser brands (maybe 5-10 rounds at the end of each practice session). I look at the Bodyguard .38 every now and then, but get turned off by all the less-than-stellar reviews, especially when compared to the LCR.

I used to have a 342Ti, the selling of which is one of my greatest regrets. So I know that there are out of production guns out there which may fill my needs better than the LCR or 642.

Are there any guns out there that I should be looking at for this role that aren't on my list?

__________________
1. Mindset
2. Tactics
3. Skill
4. Equipment

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment