Saturday, September 28, 2013

Standard lube on Lee Tumble lube boolit??

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

What happens if you use a lubrisizer on a TL boolit?
Is the lube grooves to shallow to do any good?
It depends upon how much sizing you need to do, what lube you're using, and the velocity you're trying to achieve. I'm shooting the Lee TL312-160-2R in my 30-06s and 308s, but they drop .311"-.312" and I L&S in a .311" die. My normal loads for these are in the 1800-2000fps range, and I'm using my own lube that I prefer to LBT Blue. If you need to size enough that the grooves are mostly gone, lubing first with 45-45-10, sizing, and lubing again might be more than adequate. Try it....
I use the same boolit as excess650 in some 30 cal. I size .311 and use Felix lube. Most boolits carry too much of this lube. I see no evidence of lube starvation so I spose it's working.
"The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen
"It's what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning."
French physiologist Claude Bernard
I used to use a Lee TL boolit in my .38S&W pistols with 50/50 stick lube in my lube sizer. I just lubed the boolits in the sizer didn't reduce their diameter and the TL grooves held sufficient stick lube for that round at least.

As has been said it all depends on your application and if the sized boolit will hold sufficient lube for your purpose.

I tried that once just to see; seemed to work fine. But I wasn't sizing down but .001" or so. Since you can always recycle a test boolit, you too can try it and see.
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.", old Chinese proverb.
I usually do it the other way around. Alox lube on traditional lube groove handgun boolits.

Shiloh

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
Bertrand de Jouvenel

?Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.? ? Joseph P. Martino

?If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.? ? Milton Friedman

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment