Sunday, September 22, 2013

New NJ Gun Owner Questions

Hello as the title states i am about to become a proud new gun owner. But before i dive into the great world of guns and my 2nd amendment right to own a gun i do have a couple of questions.

Now i am not a complete newbie but im pretty green when it comes to guns and things like this. So here is a little bit of background.

I grew up around guns on my fathers side. his whole family was big into hunting and all of that. That was a trait which my parents did not share, unfortunately, as a result i was not truly brought up with guns known in the family.

Like most kids growing up i had a fascination with guns, big guns, i love the AR15 long riffles and i personally dream of one day owning a barrett 50 cal. Long shot i know but i think that gun is a thing of beauty, not exactly practical but i digress.

Now i am from NJ which brings up a whole bunch of new issues as far as legalities and what i can and cannot own. This is where my questions come from. To start i plan on getting a 9mm hand gun and perhaps a .22 long rifle but i know how i am and that is not going to be the end of this journey. I want big guns.

I understand that this is going to sound absurd and ludicrous, i get it, but its not. I firmly believe that under the 2nd amendment i am legally allowed to obtain any gun i so choose to have.

My question is am i going to have issues when i go to purchase something like a Bushmaster c15 m4?? It was my understanding that the assault weapons ban was nullified in 2011 and, obviously, has not been re enacted so there for such a gun as the afore mentioned Bushmaster is legal. But i have seen else where online that in new jersey i cannot own such.

SOME PLEASE CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment