Tuesday, November 19, 2013

4x scope or open sights... help me decide

If I went with the peep sights, how do they mount on the gun? Can I remove my factory sights and put the peep sights in their place or is there drilling involved? The Marlin 336 is already drilled for receiver sights. (every one I've ever seen is already drilled and tapped for receiver sights.) Look on the left side of the receiver, toward the rear. You should see two small holes with blind screws. Those are the holes for a receiver sight. WIlliams and Lyman sights are built to mount on those holes.

If those two holes aren't there, then you've got the four holes on top the receiver, where you mount scope bases. The rear two holes will also mount a receiver sight. You may also have two holes in the upper tang. Those holes (present on some older rifles) are for a Marbles-type sight.

I'd bet that your rifle is already set up for a peep sight. All you have to do is choose which one. Personally, I like the Williams FP sight.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment