Thursday, November 21, 2013

thaughts on rock island armory 1911

Get the Tactical if you do it: best 'bang' for a few bucks.

I have one.

I am pleased.

Some guys at the range were not pleased. I shot groups half the size of theirs without trying or noticing. Their grumbling made me pay attention.

They grumbled because one had a COLT brand 1911 and the other had a Kimber that was in the $1000-1300 price range.

And my RIA Tactical was shooting better then the guns that cost twice as much.

There ARE better 1911s out there. There ARE prettier 1911s out there. Most of them cost significantly more.

I will say this. If I could get a Ruger 1911 for within $150 of the RIA, I would, but that is only because I like Ruger stuff.

RIA makes a good reliable product and they have EXCELLENT customer service, with an openly stated lifetime warranty.

Hard to go wrong. Just have patience if you get the one in 1000 lemon. IF that happens their customer service will make it right quickly!

And, if you do happen to send it in to customer service, maybe talk to Arnel about an action job for it [around $90 I believe?] and/or have night sights installed.

I sent mine in for nightsights [they use weird custom sight dovetail] and my 5" tactical came back SPOT ON!

I have more expensive 1911s, but I would not hesitate to stake my life or my families life on the RIA Tactical.

__________________
Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin. Its the triumphant twang of a bedspring.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment