Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Violation of 4th amendment right?

This comes from a Facebook group I'm a part of called "Florida Open Carry" which is largely associated with Florida Carry, Inc. as far as I can tell.

This photo I'm attaching shows a sign that says "bags and coolers will be searched for public safety". This is a public park and the rules are for the 4th of July weekend.

Personally this makes me mad. I see it as an infringement of 4th amendment rights. We have a right to not be searched without reasonable cause and attending a public place is not reasonable cause.

I understand that Baseball games and airports and even private events (concerts) on public lands may require searching before you can gain entrance but I do not believe this to be so for public land.

What do you think?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment