Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Primer questions.

I have been using the 400s in my Colt 6920 SOCOM. CCI 400s are a robust primer. You have to do your part, however.

My AR has had THOUSANDS (nearly 5000 now) of rounds fired through it using the 400s without incident. Make sure they are properly (deep) seated and you won't have a problem.

I've been reloading for military semi-autos for over 20 years (M14, AR10, AR!5, AK47, M1) and never a problem with with either CCI 400, 200 or WLR or WSR primers. I have loaded thousands upon thousands of rounds with the aforementioned primers. The NATO grade primers are different, to be sure, but superfluous for civilian semi-auto military-style rifle use.

If you run your finger over the back of the round the primer should be below the plane of the rim.

Sorry guys, I have to disagree.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment