Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Lee 2-cavity mold

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

kirill is offline Boolit Bub Join DateNov 2009LocationSan Francisco, CAPosts23

Hello,

I recently bought a Lee 2-cavity Makarov mold from Natchez. It had different alignment system the the other Lee molds I have. The pins look like what they put on th 6-cavity molds.

Has there been a thread discussing these new molds? Pros, cons?

Do they need lee-menting? Are they all going to be like this from now on?

Thanks.

Kirill

Yes, that's the new molds, much better than old horizontal pins.
I support your right to keep and arm bears.
Yes, that's the new molds, much better than old horizontal pins.I think the jury is still out on that one.

As far as the workmanship, the new molds seem nicer.

As far as the molds opening/closing like they should, the old ones still seem easier to me.

I understand my new molds are still new, and I am not quite used to them, but I think everything is a little more sloppy.

Brandon

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan
davegalesr is offline Boolit Bub Join DateMar 2013Posts21
The mold to handle fit is sloppy on my new design Lee 2 cavity. I need to set the mold on a flat surface to close it. It does cast well however.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment