Monday, November 25, 2013

Ruger lcr .22 lr

I had it and sold it. It shoots with little recoil. I sold it because with hot .22's like CCI mini Mags, the cases would expand and move out of the cylinder and jam the gun. It did it too many times for comfort. It did shoot the cheap stuff without jamming though. I do not keep guns that cannot perform with ammo of my choice. I do not own a gun that cannot be used in some self defense capacity. Just me though.

I would look at the .22 mag version. Still cheaper than a 9mm and with the new self defense ammo out there, a viable self defense gun although at the bottom of the ladder. Recoil a little more but quite honestly I do not enjoy shooting any .22's as I like a little more recoil in my gun to enjoy shooting it. Then again I shoot a snub nosed .454 Casull for fun and carry an 11 oz. .357 magnum.

I can see a .22 for plinking but not in a snub nose. I know that Ruger says it is for practice so that you shoot the bigger LCR better but they know very well that a large percentage of gun owners use a .22 for defense regardless of what is said about them. Ask any LEO. Personally I do not see how a .22 can help you practice for shooting a .38 or .357. Without recoil it is just not the same. I know that many say practice with a .22 but the military does not nor does Law enforcement. It may be the smart way to learn target shooting but not so much for self defense shooting. Recoil is a major factor in handling a gun.

__________________
The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Gun resources for senior citizens at The Old Gunhand


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment