Monday, November 18, 2013

Candles galore

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Yesterday was our annual town bulk trash day. I thought I had given up scrounging but walking our dog I spotted two lawn garbage bags full of plastic containers that were full of scented candles. Probably 5 gal. Buckets worth! My BOOLITS will be smelling good for a long time in the future!!
I was at a yard sale a few weeks ago and saw a box of beeswax candles for $2 each. As soon as I showed interest, they offered to take $3 for the whole box. When I got them home, I found that I had bought 7 candles that weighed 13 oz each. That should keep me in lube for a while.

David

Cats are fun and magical when you can't smell their poop! Fresh Step!

JPFO; NCOWS; NRA; NYSRPA; SAF, SASS

I'm looking for a shooter grade Smith & Wesson Victory model in .38 Special.

mrblue is offline Boolit Man Join DateJan 2013LocationMichiganPosts130
Sweet. Great find. This time of year should be able to find some sweet deals at garage sales
You will love that candle wax works well and if you mix small batches if you goof it up just set it to the side and start another batch. I use foo foo candle wax for my 480 ruger boolits, they smell pretty and the best part no leading.
I've used vasaline to cut it down to pan lube with, it works great but vasaline isn't cheap. I started using ATF to cut my wax with , it works just as good as vasaline but cheaper.

Good luck with your great find.

Warf

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
your *** tomorrow."
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment