Friday, July 19, 2013

30-06 Cast Hunting

So I came upon a lot of cast 200, 170 and 150 grain cast lead bullets coated in allox sized to .309 with a gc. I've worked up a decent load for the 200 grain bullets that are shooting about 1" groups at 100 yards.

My question is, I am considering hunting with these this fall and am somewhat unsure if that is wise or not. They are round nose, so I think it would basically be poking a hole in whatever it hits, though the MV is 2350 fps, so it does have some decent energy.

I have other bullets to hunt with, I just wanted to try something different this year and wanted to hear from the experts.

Edit: intended game is Eastern NC whitetails.

__________________
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us.... they can't get away this time"
Lt. Gen. Lewis B Puller USMC

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment