Thursday, July 25, 2013

40 gr Nosler bullet ?

histed is right. Don't use that little bullet on deer. If you absolutely have to shoot a deer with a 223, I'd limit the bullet choices to the 60 gr Nosler Partition, the 65 gr Sierra GK, or one of the Barnes TSX bullets (the largest that will stabilize in your rifle).

Immediately following this comment by me will likely be a dozen or more folks foaming at the mouth to tell you that you can use any number of unsuitable bullets if you hit em right in the carotid, or the eye, or the spine, or the scrotum or whatever. All I'm saying is that what I know to be workable is the Nosler Partition. That bullet will do it for ya, if you just have to shoot a deer with that caliber. But you still have to place the bullet carefully. And better to do the shooting in the morning so you'll have good light for tracking. And I'm talking from a half century of deer hunting, so this isn't theory I'm spouting.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment