Saturday, July 27, 2013

Impact of vertical play in 1911 slide to frame fit

I'm about 300 rounds into my latest Springfield Loaded. It was very tight at the beginning but had a somewhat rough slide/frame interface. At 300 rounds it has smoothed out but I have noticed it now has vertical slide to frame play. There is no lateral movement but the vertical movement is enough to push excess lubricant out when I push down on the slide. I should also note this movement is only evident at the rear of the slide. It's not noticeable at the front or middle of the slide when you push down on the slide. I have experienced varying degrees of lateral movement in 1911's but never vertical.

I know slide to frame fit isn't the boogie man of 1911 accuracy but it seems like most of the time people are talking lateral and rarely vertical movement. With the barrel lockup being impacted by the barrel link does vertical play preset more of a problem?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment