Saturday, July 27, 2013

HP38 and Winchester 231

My understanding is Hodgdon makes the powder and it is sold by Winchester. So HP-38 and Winchester W231 are one in the same. I don't recall which company developed the powder in the first place. I believe it was originally designed to work with .38 loads. Exactly opposite. Winchester, who owned Olin, developed W-231, but sold it in bulk to Hodgdon who packaged it as HP-38. Hodgdon does not make ANY powder. It simply distributes powder, made by other companies. Now they own the former Olin plant called St. Marks. They also own rights to the former Dupont IMR powder company, and distribute those powders as well.

Here's a list of those powders that have always been the same;

W-296 = H-110
W-231 = HP-38
W-540 = HS-6
W-571 = HS-7

There's others, I can't remember, somebody will be along to fill in the gaps.

__________________
The more people I meet, the more I love my dog

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment