Monday, July 15, 2013

Encore won't shoot !

I wasn't questioning your firearms background, just asking a simple question about the scope and mounts since you didn't list that as one of the things you mentioned in your post. I don't have a great amount of experience with Encore rifles I've only owned one. However since it is a beefed up Contender, I'd think the tricks you know to get one of them to shoot would work on an Encore.

Scopes okay, you've tried swapping it out to no avail.

Another suggested trigger work, my rifle has an excellent trigger but it was worked over before I ever received it. My Encore has a trigger job done by Ed's T/C out of OK, so I have no idea on the factory trigger. The trigger is so light and crisp I'd call it almost dangerous to use hunting. I probably would have it fixed if it wasn't on a single shot rifle. But I don't know if a trigger is your problem or not.

Maybe an oversized hinge pin, which will make it lock up tighter? Again this is another unknown to me as I haven't had any problem finding acceptable accuracy with any of the barrels I've tried with the factory hinge pin. I really don't know how much the forearm screws affect accuracy, I sure don't torque mine. Again no problems finding accuracy that I can be happy with.

That leaves the barrel, and ammunition being used. Since you've tried hand loads and factory with no noticeable change in group size. I'd tend to lean towards a crap barrel.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment