Monday, July 1, 2013

Placed a Colt AR in layaway

I'm pretty stoked!

With prices becoming more sensible now, I had started thinking about a lightweight AR-15/M4. I wanted to keep it to six pounds without sights. Unless you build your own, there's not a lot of quality choices out there at reasonable prices.

I happened to take a quick look at Bud's Police Supply (sister store to Bud's Gunshop) and they had a Colt 6720 Carbine. I wasn't really ready to buy so I put it on layaway. I didn't know when they might have it back in and it's just about the exact setup I had in mind including a 16 inch chrome lined barrel and coming in at 6.0 or 6.12 pounds (I've seen both figures).

I'm not sure if I'll put another optic on it. If I do, it will likely be the Aimpoint PRO red dot at 7 and a half ounces. This would not be a heavy use rifle, but would be for defense of home and castle and for the range.

__________________
Jim's Rules of Carry: 1. Any gun is better than no gun. 2. A gun that is reliable is better than a gun that is not. 3. A hole in the right place is better than a hole in the wrong place. 4. A bigger hole is a better hole.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment