Sunday, October 20, 2013

Citori Firing Pin Springs and Failure to Fire

1. Some recommend changing firing pin springs and cleaning the pins, if your Citori has failures to fire, but what is the point of replacing those springs and not simply cleaning them? I believe they do not impart force to the primer, but retract the pins after the shot is taken. The energy transmitted to the primer comes from the hammer striker spring does it not? I think that is also called a mainspring or am I wrong?

2. I know this has been discussed multiple times, but usually in connection with magazine springs and I would like to focus on the Citori, which does not have a magazine. Especially the hammer striker spring. I am no engineer and haven't recently stayed in a Holiday Inn, but I believe those springs are compression coil (helical) springs and I believe that if properly designed and manufactured they shouldn't suffer any weakening form being stored in compression; weakening results from cycling between compression and release. I would especially like to hear from those with an engineering background, including architects such as Mssrs. Zippy and Slugo.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment