Saturday, October 19, 2013

I did it now, big trouble


Reply

Old Today, 03:04 AM TMan's AvatarOriginally Posted by BKeith View Post At 17, she is an excellent shot and has been shooting long range since she was 11.In the 80's I won state and sectional championships with my archery equipment. When I picked up a bow for my daughter, she was womens state 3D champ in a single year.

For years I shot slow fire pistol leagues with a .38. When same daughter showed an interest in handguns, I let her use my M60 with a 3" barrel and sights. I have a tough time topping her with my SP101 4". She breaks more clays on average, and shooting offhand with our 10/22's, I stay ahead as I shoot a tricked out toy with a GM 0.920 barrel. But that could change when she gets one for hers. When we shoot with friends, nobody will take her bet.

She graduated from RPI this year, and was a NCAA Division III All American in cross country and track. I never race her to the top of a hill after turkeys and such.

I also never bring up the fact that she is "just a girl", and never did.

__________________
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
>>> Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote Old Today, 04:20 AM I have never been one to treat a kid as a "kid" or girl as a "girl". My son caught his first eight pound bass when he was seven. Had he been using one of those $10 pieces of junk most people buy their young kids, that probably would have never happened. My granddaughter caught her first eight pounder at nine.

I've always bought top of the line equipment for what ever activities they were into. Why ruin what they are doing with cheap junk

At six years old, she was using Shimano Curado bait casting reals for bass fishing.

When she was about 12, I built the 260 she's shooting now, an extremely accurate full custom build with a Sightron III 8-32x56 scope on it. That's why she's shooting Coke's @ 500 yds.
For a smaller, lighter deer hunting rifle, I got her a Model 7, 260. Which I had a heavier Shilen air gauged, Match grade barrel installed and fully blue printed the action, it's extremely accurate also. She is also an excellent shot with her Ruger MarkIII target pistol.

She has been driving since she was 10 and backing a boat trailer since she was 12. Her 4WD Toyota pickup is a five speed she learned to drive at 14.

I think being a girl has made her push herself harder, just to prove a little girl (she's only 5'3") (and wishes she was six foot) can kick any boys butt at anything she is does.

Last edited by BKeith; Today at 04:25 AM. Reply With Quote Reply




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:51 AM.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment