Thursday, October 17, 2013

Direct replacement screw on Limbsaver recoil pad for NEF/H&R single shot shotguns?

I have a H&R 12ga. Single shot shotgun and want to find a Limbsaver recoil pad that will directly screw into the wood stock. Searching the internet, I've found two suggestions that may or may not work.

First is Limbsaver # 10003. Someone said this one would work if your shotgun came with a recoil pad from the factory. If it didn't you'd have to cut 1" off the stock for it to work. I don't recall any single shots coming with a recoil pad from the factory, but I could be wrong.

The second is Limbsaver # 10702. This seem to be for a Beretta shotgun and was said to fit right on the end of the wood stock.

I really don't want to get a slip-on since I don't like the way they look, so I'm hoping some Limbsaver out there mates up to the stock as well as the screw holes. Considering these things are cheap and everywhere, I'm surprised Limbsavers hasn't made a direct replacement for them yet. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I've cut the barrel to 18.5", put on a new bead, refinished the stock and forend so I'm hoping to put on a Limbsaver pad as the final touch.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment