Thursday, October 31, 2013

First Carry Gun :D

Picked up my first carry gun after moving from IL () to WY.

ATI plain jane 1911. factory 8 round mag, 2 Chip McCormick 10 round mags, a Tagua mag carrier and a Tagua OWB paddle holster. Enough data, time for pics:

Shot a box of 50 PMC 230 grn FMJ target loads and two boxes of 20 Hornady 200 grn HP rounds. The PMC fed and fired great, but one of the 50 was a light load and the next round didn't seat all the way in the chamber. I'm guessing its because of the stout factory recoil spring. The Hornady cycled well, but required complete release of the slide (couldn't really let it drop gradually) or it would get stuck on the feed ramps. Shoots low but from what I hear it is common. Need to file down the front sight a bit.

All in all I really enjoy the way the gun shoots and think I am going to have a comfortable and reliable carry gun


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment