Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sourcing unfired cases: is this an alternative?

Finding components, or at least widening my choices is a real challenge here.

One member, who has left me in no doubt that they know what they are talking about, recently recommended I develop some loads I have in mind using new cases, given the sort of performance I am hoping to get from the cartridges.

No one stocks .44 cases in this country, as far as I know, and Midway are dry!!

So wear can I find unfired cases?
One thought came to me: unfired factory loads.

Could I buy .44 Mag Magtech rounds, which one shop sells, pull the bullets and decap the cases to leave me with a few extra components and unfired cases? Voila!

Would these be new enough despite having had a 240gr bullet seated and crimped in them?

__________________
You cannot wake someone who is pretending to sleep. Stop pretending. Wake up. Doubt: ...it's the only thing I'm sure of...-Marsupials: Nature's idea of Concealed-Carry-

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment