Saturday, May 25, 2013

A scale, a scale, my kingdom for a scale . . .

I am curious as to how dippers could be the cause of a squib.

I have always thought that a dipper was impossible to run "dry", as an empty bowl would be impossible to miss. Likewise, it is very difficult to have bridging or otherwise seriously undercharged cases because of the ease with which each powder charge is eyeballed. That is, unless the dippers contributed to operator error (which is possible, of course).

Please enlighten me.

The Lee Scale is accurate, but most complaints against it are for the difficulty in operating or reading the vernier to get tenths of grains. I prefer my RCBS 10-10 (which tends to break the bank nowadays, but I bought mine in 1975 much cheaper) for its micrometer drum (very easy to read).

Second most popular complaint against the Lee scale is that it is light, made of plastic in the base.

Lost Sheep


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment