Thursday, May 30, 2013

.22 1911 conversion kit

Had a question - could be a dumb one but I'll ask anyway - just bought a 1911 from a buddy chambered in .22 and was curious what the difference is between what I've got and a .22 conversion kit in terms of barrel, slide, etc. Could I theoretically use parts from the .22 1911 as a conversion kit for my Para USA 1911 chambered in .45? I got it from him for 50$, the frame is beat to hell and it needs a lot of TLC, but I figured it would make a good project for the time being and with conversion kits costing 300$+ I figured what the hell and bought it. Again, could be a dumb question, just answer it before the beginning public humiliation __________________
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment