Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Home Invasion! Are you prepared? Really?

RBid covered it fairly well.

It's (my 642) is just part of my everyday pocket carries, wallet, pocket knife, keys, etc.

I live in a rather safe place, long way from town. But I don't have to worry about forgetting my gun if I go somewhere just like I don't forget my wallet and keys.

I've run across rattlers in my yard every now and then, I don't have to go find a gun to dispatch them.

A couple years ago I came out of the shop and noticed a fox was crawling under the wire to my chicken pin, I didn't have to go hunt up a gun.

I doubt I'll have to deal with a home invasion, but if I do, I wont have to hunt up a gun regardless where I am in the house.

Another thing, we keep talking about living in a safe rural area. If you turn on the news and do a bit of research the safe rural areas are the places where there is a lot of meth activities, more so then in the cities.

Not too long ago there was a nice safe rural community area just north of Cody WY. No need to carry there right.........well that was until these too guys decided they wanted the guys Mercedes, to get the keys they went in the safe rural house and killed three people.

Its not about being paranoid, its about being ready, no different then seat belts, MC helmets, life jackets in a boat.

My truck has an irritating buzzard that drives me nuts if I don't buckle my seat belt, I don't have such with my gun so I just keep it in my pocket.

After over 40 years or so of carrying, I never notice it. I would if I didn't.

__________________
Kraig Stuart
CPT USAR Ret
USAMU Sniper School Oct '78
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment