Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mauser Scout Mount.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Hey all.
I am looking to put a scout scope on a mauser I own. I have looked at a lot of models, but I dont really want to modify my rifle permenantly. But, of course, I want it to hold zero without fail. Anyone have any experience with this type of mount? I dont mind spending 100.00 on a good mount, but dont want to spend slightly less for much less quality. All advice is appreciated.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.
Nebulous is offline Boolit Mold Join DateOct 2012LocationOldest town in TexasPosts4
I have one of the XS Sights scout scope bases on a Mauser for over ten years. It has always held zero, but it is also glued on. Here's a link....
http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=scopemounts&cID=Scope%20Mounts&pID=scopemounts
I have used several of their products and they have been excellent.

HHB

falmike is offline Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2009Posts6
I have an S&K scout mount on a Mosin and really like it.
I have S&K's on L/E #4 and #5, and years ago had a B-Square on a Swede with an EER scope. All the mounts are excellent, no drill and tap.
You should check out "Dutchman`s" scout scope mounts for military rifles. Nothing is destroyed on the rear sight to install his mount.Robert
HBAR2989 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateNov 2008LocationNE OhioPosts44
S&K, I have one on my M48, and M39 Finn. good people to deal with, and good mounts.
I have used both a mount made by Dutchman and one by S&K. The mount The Dutchman makes is great, holds zero, and mounts the scope as low as possible without removing the handguards. The mount by S&K is also solid but mounts the scope much higher than it needs to be.
The S&K mount I put on my K-31 I had Jim in Phx mill it so the scope is lower than originally but is still higher than I would like but it can't be milleed further.
I am rather disappointed in the amount of slop in the S&K, I believe you would be miles ahead if Dutch would agree to make you one.
dantoweed64 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateJan 2013LocationBrunswick, MEPosts1
I would consider the "slop" a result in manufacturing tolerances. I've scout scoped a number of mausers and one had to be shimmed, 2 others fit tightly.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment