Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring Turkey with Cast

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I haven't had the urge to spring turkey hunt in quite a few years, but for some reason got the urge a week or so ago. So, I grabbed the Rossi '92 .357 and stoked it with my CAS load; a 130 RNFP @ 835 fps and headed out north of the house about mid-morning today. I called for about 1 1/2 hours without a single gobble and wasn't paying too much attention, and was looking in the wrong direction, naturally, when I heard a cluck behind me. OOPS! About 6 jakes were watching me from 25 yds. or so. By the time I grabbed the rifle and got turned around they decided to leave, but I managed to get one:

He'll be on the smoker tomorrow afternoon!

35W

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -Col. Townsend Whelen.
NRA Life Member
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
Good eats! One of the guys brought a smoked wild turkey to the shoot today, it was great!
The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Heck yeah!!! As long as he hasn't been eating pine nuts for several months, should be a winner!
I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment