Sunday, May 26, 2013

Casting for the Ruger American 243

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

vmathias is offline Boolit Mold Join DateApr 2013Posts2

Hello, I have read many posts on casting for the 243 but have a particular question. I am pretty new at the casting process (but currently being trained) and was wondering if I could get some ideas on powders that have been used and their velocities to get me in the ballpark of a good accurate load. I recently purchased an RCBS 95g mold and will be casting for the Ruger American rifle. I am ultimately looking for a good Varmit/ Yote round. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Start at 12gr. of 2400,8gr. of Reddot, 7gr. of IMR 700X.

These have proven good starter loads in my little 770.

vmathias is offline Boolit Mold Join DateApr 2013Posts2
Thanks GP100. Much appreciated.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment