Wednesday, May 15, 2013

16 grains of Alliant 2400 = Great day at the range!

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Finally got around to trying the "Universal Load" in my VZ24 and I was thrilled with the results. After three fouling shots, it went from "minute of milk jug" to "clay bird" accurate with iron sights at 50yds. I used the LEE #C324-175-1R sized to .323, lubed with LEE Alox bullet lube. Bullet alloy was run of the mill WW + Range scrap. Felt like a hustler when I called out my shots to my shooting buddy. He remarked that he didn't realize he was sitting next to Chris Kyle. Going to load up some more and see what they do at a 100yds.

Sure was nice spending time with that old battle rifle.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. - Albert Schweitzer

Yeah, I love cast iron cookware.

I shot 17.5 grs. of 2400 in my 358 Win. yesterday.
NEI 272 gr. g/c bullet sized to .358"
5 rounds at 50 yards.

Yes, 2400 is a fine powder for cast bullet loads ! !

wOw Ben! That sure is some nice shooting.
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. - Albert Schweitzer

Yeah, I love cast iron cookware.

16 gr. of 2400 is one of those, "if it works------don't fix it" things. Nice Ben!
1Shirt!
"Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

IME, if you cannot make at least one of 16 gr of 2400, 10 gr of Unique or 13 gr of Red Dot work in a milsurp, you
are cursed and should take up knitting. Or maybe see if there are any of those spirally things inside the
barrel at all.

Obviously, there are slight adjustments that may be needed, but these are the "known good loads" that I
use and recommend.

Bill

If it was easy, anybody could do it.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment