Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Identify this shotshell press

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I just picked up an old press with no markings. I was hoping someone here could identify it and give me some information about it.

Click image for larger version. <br /><br />Name:	iNW79hH.jpg <br />Views:	239 <br />Size:	46.0 KB <br />ID:	65958

May be a "TEXAN", looks similar to mine but not exact. They were made I believe in Dallas in the 70's.

Slim

DISCLAIMER: This is a generic comment. It is not directed at any specific human
being, real or fictional. The comments in this message speak directly to the
TOPIC no matter the quoted clips - and nothing else. If I have not typed your
name, specifically, into the message, it IS NOT ABOUT YOU.
rbuck351 is offline Boolit Master Join DateFeb 2008LocationChugiak Alaska on the outskirts of AnchoragePosts382
I think it's an old Bair buy I'm not sure.
Either Dietmeyer, Bair or Pacific.

Seagiant will now for sure.

Randy

"It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
rbuck351 is offline Boolit Master Join DateFeb 2008LocationChugiak Alaska on the outskirts of AnchoragePosts382
I have the remains of one of these and it is a Bair Cat which I understand is a pacific under a different name. I can't tell you anything about it though as some one gave me the parts I have.
Something I noticed about this press is that the first station has a resizing die but no shell holder, which means that the shell will get stuck inside the die. I found a picture of a press that looks identical to this one that also lacks a shell holder in the first station, BUT the first station on that one only decaps and does not have a resizer.

Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pacific-Bair-12-gauge-Reloader-Reloading-Press-Before-Hornady-Pacific-/140945520658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d101f812

If the sizing station works the same as a MEC then no shell holder required the die will eject the shell.
It does eject. All Pacific/Bair presses use pretty much the same sizing die arrangement.

The Ebay listing says it is a Pacif/Bair. I believe them.

Randy

"It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
If the sizing station works the same as a MEC then no shell holder required the die will eject the shell.Ah ok, I got it figured out now.
I had one that I modified a Mec adjustable charge/shot bar to work. Lost it in a house fire.
Hi,
Rbuck nailed it! It's a Bair Cat. Mr Bair used names for his loaders and Mr Dietemeyer used letter-number combos. I don't think this loader was ever made for Pacific/Dietemeyer but there was Pacific presses very similar! I hope to find some more info on either of these gentlemen as I think it would of been neat in the 60's to have worked and made these loaders! Here is a pic of Mr Bair.

One thing to pass along. These loaders if cleaned up and set up correctly will make a VERY nice shell!!!

Always looking for Dillon RL-300's!.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment