Saturday, June 29, 2013

Glenfield/Marlin Model 20 Problem

I received a Glenfield Model 20 Bolt Action Rifle for repair. The issue is that the bolt will not close.

After examining the mechanism, I found what appears to be the problem. The Cartridge Guide Spring is preventing the bolt from closing as the spring does not move up when the bolt is pushed forward, effectively blocking the bolt from closing.

Not having much experience with this particular firearm - and before I pull the barrel to replace this part - I was wondering if there may be other issues causing this problem (none are apparent) and if the Cartridge Guide Spring is supposed to rest in the position that it is on this rifle - all the way down toward chamber. I can lift the spring and the bolt will go forward, but not on its own.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment