Sunday, June 30, 2013

102gr 9mm C.O.A.L. suggestions

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Chunkin' Lead is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMay 2013Posts1

I am very new to casting and got my hands on a .356 102gr mold. The cast is throwing correct dia. so i am not resizing, but none of my ref materials have a max O.A.L for that particular projectile. I know alot of ppl use this mold for .380. Any help i could get in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Also i am very new to this site so if i posted this in the wrong place feel free to scorn lol, i find this site to have some very useful info and dont wanna get in trouble with the admins.
I would use your barrel to determine OAL. There are numerous on-line guides that will show you how to do this. Basically, you start with the boolit seated out far, and reduce OAL until the case rim is equal, or slightly below the barrel hood. Many people refer to this as the "plunk test," and you can youtube it. Make sure you cycle the rounds from the magazine to ensure they feed correctly once you have determined the maximum OAL that will fire from your barrel.
By the way, am I right to assume that the boolit in question comes from a Lee mold? If it does, this is a great boolit. I use it in a variety of guns, from .380, 9mm, .38/.357, and some rifles with tight bores. I am a huge fan of this boolit, and I am lucky that my example drops .3585-.359 with my alloy. I size all of my 9mm/.380's to .358, unless they have an unusually tight bore (I'm talking about you Walther!). Good luck, and have fun sending some projectiles down range that you created yourself.
Bwana is offline Boolit Master Join DateNov 2009Posts990
I load that boolit to 1.05" in my 9mm loads.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment