Friday, June 28, 2013

Lyman 4500 lube heater question

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I just received the heater for my brandy new Lyman 4500, and a question has arisen. Can this thing be run with a dimmer switch to control the heat? Or, is this either a bad idea or not needed?
I have heard of people doing it. I myself use a heater on my 450 but it isn't the conventionals style and I just plug ut in and let it warm up then unplug and go until I just notice a change and replug and rewarm it. The biggest thing about the dimmer is to make sure it is in the required watts range I believe.
Change? Not this type. Can we just have a refund?
A lot of folks were using Harbor Frieght router speed controllers instead of building the dimmer switch boxes.
A lot of folks were using Harbor Frieght router speed controllers instead of building the dimmer switch boxes.Really!?! I've got an MLCS router speed control box that has been sitting unused for years, and since I bought a Festool router, I doubt it will ever see use in the shop again. I almost threw it out a few months ago, but decided not to.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment