Thursday, June 27, 2013

Opening day of Turkey....

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

My wife and my cousin doubled up on a pair of fighting toms.
21.5lbs - 1 1/8th" spurs - 9.5" beard.

I was carrying my blind to the back field to setup for tomorrow morning....Left my gun in the car.

Name: 2013-05-03 11.16.43.jpg<br />Views: 143<br />Size: 120.0 KB

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Very nice! Tell them congrats. Hopefully you'll have your opportunity tomorrow.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson
ok dumb question... but we don't have wild turkey in alaska, how is the meat. I have meat chickens and hens that we cull now and then and its way different then the stuff you buy over the counter ( way better ). that being said if I had to figure out how much I spent on salmon, moose and caribou i'd probably never go... but there is nothing like drinking a beer from gods refrigerator ( glacial stream ) looking at a view few others will see while not seeing another person ( or lights ) any where. that being said I have had many a hunt that was a long walk in the woods with a gun ( and nothing to show for it, but that’s half the fun )
meat is excellent
I usually deep fry the wild ones
breasts are about it legs are tough from running and hanging on @ night
Dave Biesenbach
port charlotte fl
Congrats! Those will eat good.
barkerwc4362 is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateJun 2011LocationAlabamaPosts71
Nice birds! Turkey season is over here in the deep south. Turkeys are impressive birds when they are trying convince the girls they are the one.

Bill

Great Double Slam,, Got to love them fighting ya need a video ; )
H/D
Pat them on them back for me! ok dumb question... but we don't have wild turkey in alaska, how is the meat. It's very good. The breast is a little darker, and much more moist than that of a store-bought bird. I smoked the breast of the Tom I shot a few weeks ago and sliced it for sandwiches. Today I finished it off at lunch. Mmm.....so good!

35W

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -Col. Townsend Whelen.
NRA Life Member
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment