Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mosin Nagant Bolt Head measurment

I need a favor, please: can I get some measurements of the bolt head for Mosin Nagants? The measurement I need is the from the bolt face to the bottom of the bolt head through the guide channel.

On my rifle with a good chamber, a 91/30, I get a measurement of 1.4775".
On my 1st rifle, an M44, I get a measurement of 1.4725".

I don't have chamber guides but I may get a set if it comes back that the issue here is just the bolt head. I really like my M44, but I know it has excessive head space and I'm hoping all I have to do is swap that bolt head. If I use the bolt head from my 91/30, I can easily chamber a round and the action is still very smooth (much better than my 91/30), though I haven't yet fired the M44 this way.

Thanks in advance,
Sean


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment