Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Bullet thread(!)


Reply

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM I have a bunch of Rainier plated bullets, 240gr., .430, for .44(sp. and mag.). I have pushed them, in the past, to about 950-1000fps, and kinda thinking about stepping them up a bit. I have heard(read?), not to push them "too" fast. Don't know where "too" fast might be, will I be safe to about 1150-1200fps. Gun is a Ruger SBH(actually 2, a 7.5in., and a 5.5in), I know the gun will take in style. Something about bullet being rather soft? Just guessing. No crimp groove, probably need advice since recoil setback(bullet moving in the case) could be problematic with increased intensity of load. Thanks, y'all, just don't want to create an unsafe situation. Tried to think of variables...will be using IMR 4227 and Enforcer and Federal 150's. Reply With Quote Reply




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:00 AM.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment