Wednesday, June 26, 2013

alox makes me sick

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

not kidding, alox makes me sick after bout 10 thousand. I know! I tan't take it no more. I ordered a magma star.
workin @ Ft. bragg
Oh, I feel for you brother Ain't it a shame about the stuff we gotta do just to have shootable boolits...
....and then we shoot them into berms and wreck them.
WHAT?

Alox is like Hoppes, I use it as aftershave.

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore
It doesn't take 10,000 for me. I get an almost instant migraine headache when I smell it.
The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

EDG is offline Boolit Master Join DateMar 2005Posts566
I have a serious issue with alox.
My grand daughter about 4 years ago she exposed everyone in the family to a particularly virulent case of projectile flu. Not having a .462 die for my lube sizer I was busy smearing alox on some bullets from a new mold. I had alox stink all over me when the flu hit. To this day when I smell alox I get flash backs to the near lethal heaves. You have to love shooting to push on through the queasiness.
You'll be glad you made the move, I did 25yrs ago. Alox may work for some, but I find it messy & I like having my bullets all the same dia for better results loading mixed brass.
EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol
I tried the tumble lubing and it worked. I prefer to use a lubesizer and Ben's Red, even on tumble lube design boolits.
alox always smelled like a mechanics garage.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment