Friday, June 28, 2013

Darn fine lube if you find yerself in a pinch !

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

HAMMERSCHILD is offline Boolit Mold Join DateMay 2013LocationOver hills and down the hollersPosts1

So...... Since my son has gotten of an age to take his smoke pole out on his own. Things seem to just disappear from my shooting box. If this ever happens to you. Just raid your wifes purse and grab her tube of Carmex lip balm ( which is about 80% lanolin) . Makes a fine bullet lube. So good in fact I used it for loading 45-70 BPRC. Worked just peachy ! Thats stuff is everywhere.
Pomade is cheaper, chapstick werks also...............
I wonder if we all called up chapstick and told 'em we would like them to make us a special run of lip balms, that were 1 1/8" in diameter and 4" long? Like (honey, I blew up the chapstick) LOL!
carmex has carnuba and chapstick don't.
bagbalm and b-wax works.
so does mink oil.
and shoe polish.
some scented candles do okay too.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

{old} Necessity really is the mother of invention. {/axiom}

Knowing these things and thinking in this fashion will no doubt be handy in the future.

no.... it generally leads to more trouble.
wait till you mix two scents together that are not compatible, and the lube works like a champ.
except,,, everybody around you starts retching up from the smell.

ask runfiveswife all about asscracksweatlube...... she named it.

it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

no.... it generally leads to more trouble.
wait till you mix two scents together that are not compatible, and the lube works like a champ.
except,,, everybody around you starts retching up from the smell.

ask runfiveswife all about asscracksweatlube...... she named it.

asscracksweatlube???!!! Oh man... I laughed so hard and so long that my ribs hurt like fire!
Sorry but jeez that was funny!
runfiverun,

Had I been drinking my usual cup of tea, I am sure I would now be cleaning it off my monitor!

So what were the key ingredients of asscracksweatlube?

HAMMERSCHILD,

That's a cool tip. I had not thought of that. And my condolences... as the boy got older, all my fun stuff started wandering away.
Though in my case it was guitar related stuff mostly.

one ingredient was a melon scented soy wax candle.
one was xlox.
there was another bump of the soy wax because I was short for the mix I was making with b-wax.
I just cannot remember what the second one was.
the two smells weren't too bad when freshly mixed, but by the time they were fired in the revolver it was god awful
I was shooting to her left the wind was from my left and it took me a couple of shots before I smelled it.
it took her exactly one to smell it and two to turn and walk away.
I am real glad I only made a small test batch.

stuff like angel food cake and coffee isn't bad at all, but I totally stay away from anything melon or berry scented anymore.

it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

But at least it didn't catch fire in the kitchen......
Hmmmm. Sounds like someone MUST come up with some lube with that very name and market it back to us. It could be commonly referred to as "ACSW" or just "Asscrack" or "Sweat ***"
It is hard to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment