Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lee 340gr mold

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have been using a NEI mold for a few years now and was thinking about getting a lighter mold. I must be getting older the recoil is a lot harder than it use to be. I was looking at the Lee 340gr mold and would like some first hand info on it or another light mold. I'm going to use it for deer and hog only nothing with claws and teeth. Thanks for looking.
you gotta be more specific.
38 special 450 alaskan what are we talking about?
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

my bad I use a Marlin GS in 45/70.
Likely to not cast large enough with a typical diameter not much larger than .458 maybe .459 which will probably not be large enough for your Marlin.
I use that mould for my Marlin GS, it casts about .460" in my alloy and I size to .4585".

I've also sized them down to .452" for use in my .454 Casulls. Good boolit!

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore
Same here. I use it in my 1895SS Marlin. With COWW it drops at .460 and most times I shoot them as cast. Good boolit. I load to about 1300fps and it's great for Tennessee size deer.
I use that mold, cast soft, loaded to 1500 FPS from a Ruger #1. Accurate to 200 yards, 8" gong hit repeatedly from a standing position using factory sights and 67 year old eyes behind trifocals.
NVScouter is offline Boolit Master Join DateNov 2007LocationN.WyomingPosts423
I love that mold for my heavy 45LC bear round sized to .452

Now in my 45-70 I have to cast it soft and use as cast. Puts out a .458 boolit that shoots pretty well. It also casts much easier than my new 450g mold, just warm it up and go to town.

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment