Monday, June 24, 2013

What do Benchrest shooters do with their old barrels?

They used to sell them on Ebay for $50.
I bought a number of them, mostly Shilen, but some Krieger, Lilja, and Hart.

They are short, fat, and 1 in 14" twist.

So far I have used only one.
I put one a an old 1917 Savage 99 take down 250 Sav.
I chambered the barrel for 6mmBR.
I have only fired a few rounds with it.
0.1" at 50 yards, 0.3" at 100 yards, and keyholes with 75 gr Vmax bullets.

If you can think of some uses for short fat 14" twist 6mmPPC barrels, let me know.

__________________
The word 'forum" does not mean "not criticizing books."
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment